Adult Programs : Most programs are on Sunday Afternoons – The time may vary.
- October 7, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. “Coyote – America’s Songdog”
- December 9, 2012 at 3:00 p.m. “Seventeenth Annual Holiday Recipe Exchange
- January 13, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. Arch Gillies will inform us on the work of the Islesboro Development Committee
- February 10, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. Fred Thomas presents “Special Deer Hunt – Evaluation and Results “
- April 14, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. John Kauer will present “How Does Your Brain Work?”
June 2, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. A Health Talk will be presented by Islesboro Health Board.
June 23, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. “African Safari”
KNITTERS and WANT-TO-BE KNITTERS join us for our 2013 project. We will be knitting afghan squares for a “Learn to Knit” or “Learn New Stitches” Mystery Afghan. There are decisions to be made and materials to gather. You can knit on your own or with a group at the library.
This project is great for those who want to learn to knit or for increasing your stitch vocabulary.
Please call the library at 2218 for information on this project. Come in any Saturday or Wednesday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. to receive instructions, for help, or to knit with other knitters.
You can make an afghan for yourself or donate your squares to “Warm Up America.”
Last winter Islesboro knitters sent 30 scarves to Maine’s Special Olympics!