Adult Programs : Most programs are on Sunday Afternoons – The time may vary.
- September 7, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. Author visit and book signing with A.D. Morel for her book “A Skeptic’s Luck”
- December 8, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. “Eighteenth Annual Holiday Recipe Exchange
- January 5, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. “My Year in Turkey” presented by Tom Tutor
- February 2, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. “The Development of Big Tree Boating” presented by Mike Horn
- March 2, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. “Staying Healthy I” presented by the Islesboro Health Center
- April 6, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. “Staying Health II” presented by the Islesboro Health Center
Book Discussion Groups
We have two Book Discussion Groups. A summer group reading four books in July and August on Wednesday evenings that follow a theme and a September to May group that meet on Sunday afternoons once a month. This group explores a variety of authors and genres. See the listing of books for these groups under the the Program and Events Tab/ Book Discussions.
KNITTERS and WANT-TO-BE KNITTERS join us for our 2013 project. We will be knitting afghan squares for a “Learn to Knit” or “Learn New Stitches” Mystery Afghan. There are decisions to be made and materials to gather. You can knit on your own or with a group at the library.
This project is great for those who want to learn to knit or for increasing your stitch vocabulary.
Please call the library at 2218 for information on this project. Come in any Saturday or Wednesday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. to receive instructions, for help, or to knit with other knitters.